Tuesday, November 29, 2016

VoiceThread



I’ve been experimenting with VoiceThread to offer students the opportunity to develop their speaking ability from home.  I previously used Vocaroo to get students to record themselves speaking for 1 to 2 minutes.  Vocaroo is also useful and more suited to simple voice recordings.  
 
VoiceThread however offers the option of supporting multimedia with pictures and videos.  Students can upload a picture then record themselves speaking about it.  


Once shared, on a forum or blog space, other students can then leave their own comments in response to the original speaker’s recording.  It is a good way of generating discussions, finding out about your students and getting them to speak English outside of class. 

I have made a short tutorial showing you how to make a VoiceThread:

I’d like to get my adult students to share their VoiceThread on our wikispaces page.  It is also a great idea for IELTS preparation courses.    

Here's one I prepared:

If you try it out, do let me know how you get on!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment